|1.Name of the Scheme:
||Annai Theresa Ninaivu Marriage Assistance Scheme for Orphan girls
|2.Objectives of the Scheme :
||To help the orphan girls financially for their marriage.
|3.Assistance provided :
||Scheme –IRs.25,000/- as cheque + 4 gram (1/2 sovereign) 22 carat gold coin is provided for making „Thirumangalyam.
||Scheme-II Rs. 50,000/- as cheque + 4 gram (1/2 sovereign) gold coin (22 carat) is provided for making „Thirumangalyam
|4.To whom the benefit is due to be given :
||To Orphan Girls
|5.Eligibility Criteria a)Educational Qualification
- Education qualification not required.
- 1. Degree holders from regular colleges / Distance education / Government recognized Open University.
- 2. Diploma holders should have qualified from the Institution recognized by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu.
|b) Income limit
||Annual Income of the guardian / Orphan girl should not exceed Rs. 24000/-
|c) Age limit >
||Bride should have completed 18 years of age at the time of marriage. There is no upper age limit.
|d) Other criteria
|e) Time limit for sending Application
||40 days before the Marriage. In exceptional circumstances the applications can be accepted one day prior to marriage.
|6.Officer to be contacted
- 1. District Social Welfare Officers
- 2. Extension Officers (SW)
|7.Certificates to be enclosed with the application
- 1. Copies of Certificates showing that the applicant is an orphan obtained from M.P./ MLA or the death certificate of the father and mother
- 2. Income certificate of the Guardian (or) applicant obtained from Tahsildar
- 3. Age certificate of the applicant.
- 4. Degree / Diploma certificate to claim assistance under Scheme – 2.
|8.Probable time limit for processing applications
||Within 15 days from the date of receipt of the application.
|9.Belated applications >
||Applications received on or after the date of marriage will not be entertained
|10.Grievances if any to be reported to>
- At the District level –
- District Collector /
- District Social Welfare Officer
- At the State level –
- Director of Social Welfare,
- Chennai – 600 005.
- Phone No.044-28545728